Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Welcome to Newbieville -- err Rumors of War. Population me and you.

Welcome to Rumors of War -- my attempt at blogging about miniature wargaming.  Its been awhile since I first setup the blog.  I had intended to kick it off with posts regarding some of the tournaments I attended this Winter but I never followed through with it.  Procrastination, oh how I loathe thee!

Any event, as the picture here implies, this blog will be newbie-ville for awhile while I get comfortable writing in a blog style, as opposed to forums where I usually post my views.  Please bear with me (all one or two of you).




The original vision I had for the blog was to focus on tournament discussion: how to run one; tips when attending them; reviews on them from myself or links to such reviews, etc.  What I wanted to create was more of a resource for those interested in tournaments and less of an editorial or tabloid style take on the subject.  Since I am currently organizing a GT style tournament locally, this seemed like a good idea all around.  The blog would give me a chance to lay down my reasons as to why the event is setup the way it is and provide yet another way for potential attendees to contact me and discuss the event.  All while hopefully giving something of value to the community.

While I intend to remain focused on tournaments I have decided in the interim to broaden the scope a bit.  Interspersed among the tournament posts will be rules discussions, game play tips, batreps, hobby articles, painting progresses, etc.  Main reason for the change is to ensure there's regular content.  I check out a blog less and less if it has long periods of stagnation and I'd like to avoid that by having a more topics to touch on.

Also the format and design of the blog will likely change as I figure out how to use Blogger.  Please bear with me.

That's about if for now.  Actual content coming soon!  Thanks for reading!

--winterman

No comments:

Post a Comment